v0.8.0 – Manual aiming and BETA feedback
Waiting for a new gameplay video to complete it’s rendering and upload to youtube, so while doing that.. let’s release v0.8.0! This is the first new version after the public beta I did a few weeks ago, and it contains a bunch of improvements based on some of the feedback.
The biggest one is the manual-aiming, which is now possible when playing with keyboard+mouse or with gamepad. It’s purely optional, so you can ignore it if you prefer the auto-aim, but especially on gamepad it’s very flexible to just use that right-stick to really target an enemy now and then. And as long as you don’t touch that stick, the game will default to auto-aim!
This build does also come with some new cool things, we now have guard-towers, enemy trucks, sticky-bombs, landmines, crouching, and a few new missions/objectives in the rotation. So well worth checking out!
The big things left are : getting those boss-battles back in the game, adding one more world, and focus my fine-tuning efforts on the Arctic and Egypt worlds, which still have some things going on that need fixing.
Let’s see if I can get all that done in the next 1-3 weeks and then have a release build available… wow!
Anyway, grab the Patreon build if you are a Patron by following this link, or Wishlist the game and come hang out in Discord.gg/Orangepixel for the chance of winning a free copy on release by playing the duck-hunt game in the discord!
Full change list, both versions combined:
- added: player now has some light around him when indoors.. giving player more sight in darker corners
- added: updated to new libgdx (hopefully fixing some startup issues)
- added: extra checks around controller-testing at start
- added: icon to game-window
- added: hotplug detect for new controllers
- added: improved mouse navigation in menus
- added: manual aiming (keyboard+mouse)
- added: manual aiming (gamepad)
- added: Sticky-bombs, great for creating new paths through walls!
- added: 3 different sticky-bomb packs (most likely to spawn in bomb shop)
- added: Landmines are now inventory items (not placed automatically in the level anymore)
- added: overhaul on interface menus, mouse navigation, gamepad navigation and looks
- added: Stealth mission – complete a tower without alarms
- added: sticky-bombs should trigger enemies
- added: improved overworld generation of 2nd area in same world
- added: Crouching (press down while moving – not on touchscreen)
- added: Advanced game settings – [X] Randomworlds – if disabled will generate same game layout on all new games
- added: Advanced game settings – [X]Permadeath (on) – option to keep last save game after you die
- added: Watch-towers + objective
- added: if all objectives done, let general say “to the chopper”
Fixes and changes:
- fixed: using mouse to set keyboard settings required double clicks
- fixed: setting numpad keys for input
- fixed: inventory titlebar showing wrong item name on 2nd tab
- fixed: respawning in dungeon (timemachine) places you behind the timemachine
- fixed: made locked doors more visible (operated with console-key)
- fixed: placement of mission items in buildings now correctly split between amount of towers in a world
- fixed: swapping weapon when no ammo, makes double-weapon swap sound
- fixed: first weapon-swap on startup goes wrong (melee/shoot toggle)
- fixed: objectives don’t fit in dialog
- fixed: alert-sound now triggers less (less annoying, also fixes bug with sometimes breaking sound effects)
- fixed: rain-sound loop doesn’t loop properly
- fixed: sticky-bombs disappear when they hit something
- fixed: enemies do weird vertical jumps on ledges
- fixed: added more lights to hospital
- fixed: after being alerted, soldiers sometimes stop and stare for infinity
- fixed: take-down struggle now always happens, but soldier can still escape at end of that struggle (instead of when you grab them)
- fixed: world-intro background doesn’t include “front” sprites.. so watchtower men look silly
- fixed: overworld generator checks better on watch-towers and crane-crates
- fixed: Soldier take-down now correctly checks if player has extra strength from helmet or suit or skills
- fixed: avatar dialog can show up too high on screen
- fixed: bunch of small inventory management bugs
- fixed: player sometimes keeps floating on the parachute (after exploding building)
Get Gunslugs 3:Rogue Tactics
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.